Women around the world have many things in common. One universal issue are the challenges that come with being a Christian working woman as well as working mother. Even if you enjoy your profession, there can be times when it is stressful and challenging for many reasons. Along these lines, here is a story on this subject from the nation of Pakistan:
After much planning and prayer, the leader of Aglow Pakistan, Dr. Tahira Saleem, held a women’s seminar on April 30 teaching on the Challenges for Christian Working Women in Pakistan. The topic of this seminar came with helps for handling these challenges based on the Word of God.
Dr. Saleem’s daughter, Areesha, was the main speaker on this topic and below is the outline from her message:
- The Challenges by Family – A double burden for women balancing work and home responsibilities with multiple family systems all living in one household.
- Job Selection – Finding the right job in a male dominated workplace.
- Busy Routine Effects Children – Prioritizing by making time for God, your children and yourself.
- Less Appreciation – Surprise! Working women do not always feel adequately appreciated.
- The Challenges by Society
- Prejudice in Promotion – In a male dominated society, trusting God to lift you up in His right timing.
- Sexual Harassment – Being strong in protecting your dignity by speaking up and resisting.
- Attraction towards the opposite gender – With God’s help, resist temptation and practice self-control.
- The Faith Based Challenges – This is the greatest challenge of all.
- How to change the thinking that Christians are portrayed as liberal and not caring about Pakistani culture.
- Dressing appropriately
- Blasphemy Law – Ways to be a Christian in a Non-Christian workplace environment.
Following the last session there was a powerful move of the Holy Spirit touching and encouraging the women. Dr. Saleem shared, “His Presence was mighty in that place and many received the baptism in the Holy Spirit and healing. The name of the Lord was glorified in this seminar!”
The seminar was a great success as the women left better equipped for the challenges they face in the work place and in their nation. They are carriers of His Presence and He is and has the answers to all that concerns them!
For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you. Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29: 11-13 (Amplified Bible)