Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
Prayer breaks chains and gives favor that is supernatural. It enables rescue and puts people in the right place at the right time.
I hope you are well and feeling encouraged in anti-human trafficking efforts. This month let’s give thanks, check in with Polaris Project, and pray for Rescue Freedom International.
A Mindset of Thanksgiving
In that day you will say: “Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world.” Isaiah 12:4-5 NIV
During this season of giving and thanksgiving, let's cultivate a grateful mindset and thank God for the hundreds of men, women, girls and boys, rescued from human trafficking, through organizations all over the world, this year:
- Let’s praise God for survivors who by His grace have STAYED free, clean, sober, stayed trusting, stayed strong. Wow! Praise God!
- Let’s praise God for babies born and given to orphanages, not staying with parents in brothels – the hardest decisions those moms might make.
- Let’s praise God for house moms and house dads, who give their lives to help the oppressed, to love like Jesus loved!
- Let’s praise God for outreach – those in the U.S. and other nations who are reaching out in strip clubs, brothels, massage parlors, cantinas, and letting women know that Jesus LOVES them!
- And most of all, let’s thank God for His power, majesty and love to rescue, restore, and save all!
Let’s not be weary in well-doing!! God has done great things! God is doing great things!
Praise the Lord for ALL He has done!!
Cantinas and Trafficking In the U.S.
Did you know commercial-front brothels are operating in the U.S., posing as traditional bars, cantinas or nightclubs?
Continue reading about Carmen’s experience of surviving trafficking in the U.S., in her blog – available in English and Spanish. All parts, 1 through 5, are posted here:
Aglow Prayer Guide
Also, the TRAFFICK DVD is available online at the Aglow Store for just $5. This is an excellent tool in raising awareness and letting your community know how human trafficking operates. It is so important we spread the word! I encourage you to grab some copies and give them away.
We love to partner with Rescue Freedom International. Rescue Freedom has 111 prevention, education and restoration programs in ten nations. Aglow is still a network of prayer warriors, and we are partnering with Rescue Freedom’s feet-on-the-ground work, through prayer.
Thank you for praying over these needs:
RF Partner Homes
- One of the Partner homes needs a new utility van.
- Funds are needed to open a new project on site.
- Pray against witchcraft practices of the women.
- The right staff members to join.
- Pray for physical health of the girls.
- New residents who have a range of mental illnesses.
- Freedom from trauma.
- Encouragement and spiritual health.
- Encouragement and renewal for the team, renewal and guidance of the holy spirit, protection of our families.
- Needed time of replenishment and encouragement through the Lord.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 3:20 NLT
Standing in the gap with you,