The called, aware and ready!
For you yourselves know very well that the Day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. When they say Peace and security,’ then sudden destruction comes on them, like labor pains come on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers, are not in the dark, for this day to overtake you like a thief. For you are all sons of light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or the darkness. So then, we must not sleep, like the rest, but we must stay awake and be serious.
I Thessalonians 5:2-6 (HCSB)
I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown.
Revelation 3:11 (NLT)
These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.
Revelation 17:14 (NKJV)
“You have given me the heritage of those who fear, revere and honor Your name” (Psalm 61:5), speaks of a precious heritage. Heritage speaks of something that is, “handed down, or transmitted by, or acquired from, a predecessor." While we understand that salvation is not inherited, but is every individual’s personal decision, I believe that hunger for the things of God can be encouraged. “To transmit” means to convey from one person to another, to hand down, to cause or to allow to spread. I am so thankful for my heritage and for the hunger that was transmitted. It began with the preaching of a fiery, bold Irishman, who touched the life of my father in such a way that it continues yet today through me, my children, and grandchildren. My prayer is for that kind of zeal in preaching to return to the church, and for that kind of fearless, bold description of “God’s Love,” and “God’s Hell” to overtake us, affecting and transmitting everyone in our path.
Will Aglow allow the Holy Spirit to blow a new fire in our midst? My response is YES! COME HOLY SPIRIT!!
(An excerpt from Jane’s blog A Precious Heritage)
- Lord, we receive a fresh fire of the Holy Spirit!
- Stir our hearts in the zeal of the Holy Spirit. Release that zeal through us to stir spiritual hunger in others.
Aglow Global Prayer Assignment 2017
“Let us come boldly to the throne of grace, to obtain MERCY and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16). Aglow, this is our opportune time to stand before the Throne of Grace in the governmental authority we have been mantled with. We are committed to stand until the fullness of His Mercy and Grace have been poured upon the nations.
Jane Hansen Hoyt - Aglow, We Have an Assignment
At sundown May 30th, Jews worldwide will celebrate the 4th of the spring feasts, Shavuot or Pentecost. On Passover, Jesus was crucified, and resurrected three days later on the Jewish feast day of First Fruits. Seven weeks, 49 days, after First Fruits on Shavuot/Pentecost (Hebrew word for weeks) 120 were gathered in an upper room in Jerusalem. They had been waiting in obedience to Jesus final instruction to wait for the coming of the Promised One. Finally, on the tenth day, the Jewish feast of Shavuot/Pentecost, the Holy Spirit came upon them in great power to bring a harvest of souls into the Kingdom.
- Pray for Jews worldwide to have a revelation of the Messiah, Jesus Christ, in the feast.
- Pray for Christians to have a deeper awareness of our Judaic roots revealed in the timing of the events of the great redemption.
- Lord, strengthen the revelation of Jesus Christ to both the “root” (Israel) and to we Gentile believers who are grafted in.
For current articles and prayer points about issues surrounding Israel, to go Israel Aglow Facebook page
Transformation Opportunities – Limitless Influence and Impact
What would you do? Where would you go? If you were limitless to influence and impact the world around you? The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me . . . Isaiah 61
- This is a good time to look at the Transformation Team opportunities that are available for 2017. Ask the Lord to order your time and show you where you are called. Then, say, “Here I am! Send me!”
- Ask the Lord which opportunities He wants you to embrace to bring the transforming truth of the gospel and the power of your testimony into the lives of people who need to encounter Christ.
- Ask Him for strategies to reach your neighborhood, your community and your nation.
- Pray for teams going throughout the world. Pray that lives are transformed by the demonstration of the gospel in word and deed.
Pray about participating on some of the Aglow Transformation Teams.
Men of Issachar, Aglow International – Navigating the Challenges of Today
God is teaching us how to walk within the truths of His Word instead of being influenced by what the facts may convey. Heavenly revelation is eternal truth that can stand in any conflict or challenge. Human wisdom is limited by a ceiling of tethered solutions sequestered outside the realm of divine revelation. It is certainly a time in history for which we were fashioned and created. The question becomes how do we navigate the increased challenges of today? Can we continue to pray the same way we have prayed? How do we step into the new boldness and courage required for this elevated step of purpose? – Dave McDaniel Navigating the Challenges of Today
- Lord, draw me into Your eternal truth that enables me to stand strong and courageous in the challenges of today.
- Teach us to pray Heaven to earth prayers that release Your wisdom and power into the issues of today.
Anti-Human Trafficking – Watch and Pray
Is this not the fast that I have chosen: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? – Isaiah 58:6
Pray for your community:
- Pray for your local law enforcement: Proclaim integrity and wisdom in your local police department. God, help them to find and rescue trafficked victims. Strengthen them. Protect them and their families from threat and corruption.
- Proclaim Genesis 50:20 on behalf of trafficking victims: You [those who hold people captive] intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.
- Pray for your community: God, open our eyes to sex and labor trafficking in our community and free those enslaved.
Read the Anti-Human Trafficking Newsletters more for details.
While there are numerous nations where Christians suffer horrible persecution, North Korea is considered the most restricted nation on earth today.
- Pray for the courage of Christians in North Korea. Pray for their safety. Pray for comfort for those whose family members have been martyred.
- Pray that doors will open to share the gospel.
- Pray that ministry efforts will remain unseen by government authorities
- Pray for creative ways to get God’s Word into North Korea.
- Pray for salvation for the government leader of North Korea. Pray that his heart would turn towards God, and his heart would be open to govern in a manner that helps and blesses the people of the nation.
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. – Ephesians 6:18-20
Numerous nations are in the spotlight of world events, including Syria, North Korea, Russia, Iran and others.
- Pray for those who have suffered needlessly from atrocious attacks and acts of aggression.
- Pray for nations of the world to be guided by the purposes of God in responding to these conflicts.
- Pray that hidden, evil agendas are uncovered and solutions are revealed.
Emerging Nations – Strengthen Your Stakes
Isaiah 54:2 Enlarge the place of your tent, and let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen your cords, and strengthen your stakes.
- The Emerging Nations are those nations with fewer than five affiliated Aglow groups. Pray that these groups are strengthened and encouraged.
- Pray for more groups to be established in these nations. Pray for more leaders to be developed in these nations.
- Pray that people of Aglow in these nations are empowered to develop resources that enable them to take advantage of all that God is releasing from Heaven.
- Pray for the Aglow prayer group in the Capital city of these nations.
- Proclaim increase in the influence and ministry of Aglow in these nations.
- This month pray especially St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Vincent, Suriname.
Operation Every Nation - "Pray In" The Nations Still to be Reached
We are praying for Aglow to be affiliated in every nation of the world. We are very close to reaching that goal. Let’s continue to move forward together, a company of champions and global leaders of significance, to see Every nation touched, every heart changed.
- Pray that an Aglow Prayer Group will be established in the capital cities of these nations.
- Pray for Aglow to establish powerful Kingdom Communities founded on the fullness of Christ in these nations.
- Pray there is an opening for Aglow International to cultivate a presence in this nation that creates an atmosphere of celebration, impartation and restoration.
- Pray for Christians in these nations to grow in courage and an overcoming spirit
- AglowGlobalPrayer.org provides prayer information for every nation
Complete list of Operation Every Nation nations and their capital cities.
Follow Aglow on Twitter @Aglowprayer. Global prayer updates and encouraging prayer keys are sent out several times each week through Twitter. This is a great way to stay connected in prayer.
Aglow Prayer on Twitter is also available in Portuguese @AglowPrayerPT.
For Reflections on Heaven-to-Earth Prayer from Aglow International, go to http://aglowblogs.org/prayer/.