Global Prayer Targets
Join the Aglow International worldwide prayer network in praying strategically for global issues
Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. Isaiah 60:1,2 (NKJV)
Israel: His Dwelling Place
God is intentional in all that He does. He chose to place Israel in the most strategic geographical location on the face of the earth. It is the crossroads of Africa, Asia and Europe . . . a place where the world’s attention is drawn repeatedly. . . . The focal point of the conflict related to Israel is, at its core, the issue of God’s authority. God chose the place and He chose the people as a reference point of His authority. That is the issue! . . . Israel is the Holy Land NOT because it is the place where Jesus walked 2 millennium ago. It is the Holy Land because it is where He will walk in the Millennium when He returns. . . . Stand for the people and the land God, Himself has chosen. God has said of His people, I will give them an everlasting name that shall not be cut off. – Jane Hansen Hoyt, His Dwelling Place
- Proclaim your agreement with the ancient prophecies related to God’s purposes for the people and the land of Israel.
- As Aglow walks the land where Yeshua will return, walk with us in your spirit. Follow the itinerary of the Aglow Israel trip and pray with us.
- And who is like Your people Israel, the one nation on the earth whom God went to redeem for Himself as a people – to make for Yourself a name by great and awesome deeds, by driving out nations from before Your people whom You redeemed from Egypt? For you have made Your people Israel Your very own people forever; and You, Lord, have become their God. – I Chronicles 17:21
Transformation – Transformed People Transforming Nations
Holland, Michigan USA – May 8-11
Kenya – May 15-30
- Pray that the hearts of people in these areas are prepared to receive the transformation that Jesus will bring in their lives.
- Pray for a demonstration of the goodness of God – through sharing His love, through salvation and through miracles.
- Pray for those serving in ministry on the Transformation Teams.
More information on future Transformation Upcoming Trips opportunities.
Anti-Human Trafficking – The Dalit People of India
An estimated 90% of all people trafficked in India are Dalit people, sometime called “the untouchables”. “According to government figures, 60,000 children go missing annually in India and majority of them fall prey to trafficking.” (Christianity Today May 2011).
- Pray for revelation to come to the Dalit people – that they would know they are beloved, precious, and loved by God!
- Pray for their physical and spiritual freedom.
- Pray for their Salvation - that they would walk in the abundant life Jesus came to give.
- Pray for the missing 60,000 children - that they would find freedom and protection!
- Proclaim Matthew 19:26 - With God all things are possible.
Read more about Anti-Human Trafficking.
Men of Issachar (North Korea, Syria)
Men of Issachar pray with godly wisdom for global concerns. Men of Issachar understand the times from a biblical perspective. Pray for these critical issues in the world today. Proclaim the light and life of the kingdom of heaven in these affairs of earth.
- Pray that nuclear threats coming from this nation are stopped. Pray for protection for surrounding nations and those who are being threatened.
- Pray for the Christians of North Korea – for their protection and strength. They are the carriers of God’s Presence to bring transformation to the nation.
- Stand with God’s intentions in the government of Syria.
- Pray for the people within the nation. Pray for their safety. Pray for wisdom to align with national leadership that has a heart for the good of the people.
- Pray for Christians in Syria who are being targeted for persecution by various factions within the nation. They are the carriers of God’s Presence to bring peace to the nation.
- Pray for Israel who shares a border with Syria. Pray for peace and protection along that border.
Legislation Regarding Families
- Legislation regarding the definition of marriage is under debate in several nations (for example: France and the USA). Pray for the biblical definition of marriage as the union between a man and a woman to be embraced by the people and leaders of these and other nations. This has been God’s design from the beginning, and His plan has not changed.
- Laws governing abortion are under debate in several nations (for example: Canada, the USA). Pray that all people would value human life as God does. God values human life within the womb (Psalm 139:13-14).
Enlist with Men of Issachar.
Emerging Nations – Strengthen Your Stakes
Isaiah 54:2 Enlarge the place of your tent, and let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen your cords, and strengthen your stakes.
- The Emerging Nations are those nations with fewer than five affiliated Aglow groups. Pray that these groups are strengthened and encouraged.
- Pray for more groups to be established in these nations. Pray for more leaders to be developed in these nations.
- Pray for all the resources and creativity needed to fulfill the intentions of God in these nations
- Pray for the Aglow prayer group in the Capital city of these nations
- This month pray especially for: Isle of Man, Israel, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon
Operation 222 - "Pray In" The Nations Still to be Reached
We are praying for Aglow to be affiliated in all 222 nations in the world. We are very close to reaching that goal. Let’s continue to move forward together, an army in the Spirit, to see Every nation touched, every heart changed.
- This month pray especially for: East Timor, Eritrea, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, French Polynesia
- Pray that an Aglow Prayer Group will be established in the capital cities of these nations.
- Pray for many to arise in Aglow International in these nations.
Complete list of Operation 222 nations and their capital cities.
Twitter – Over 500 Intercessors Following Aglow Prayer on Twitter!
For Reflections on Heaven-to-Earth Prayer from Aglow International, go to http://aglowblogs.org/prayer/.