Walk Toward the Light
Ideas and Inspiration from Jane Hansen Hoyt
It is Time!
It is time to be relentless in calling ourselves up to the place
we are meant to occupy.
we are meant to occupy.
His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that are suited to life and godliness, through the full, personal knowledge of Him who called us by and to His own glory and excellence. 2 Peter 1:3 (Amp)
We have stepped into a crash course in what it means to be amazing!
One night this summer, I invited my granddaughter Madison to spend the night with me. Tony was away so it was girls’ night; pizza, singing songs together from her iPod, laughing at funny things we saw on TV and just immensely enjoying being together. At one point in a fun conversation I mentioned something I have observed about her in her 14 years of life. You are so confident and happy. You never seem unsure about meeting new people or facing new situations.
I went on to tell her that when I was her age, I was really shy and not at all like she is. Her startled eyes revealed as much as the words that came out of her mouth. GJ, I wish I had been born in your generation. I could have helped you! What a touching response from one who genuinely felt she could have helped me in my own young struggle.
Each one of us has had things in our lives that perhaps held us back in certain stages of growth. We have all come out of a broken, worldly system that had its effects on our lives, our beliefs, our perception of ourselves…and some of those old mindsets can remain as trigger points in our lives.
The Cross Changed Everything
God dealt with our sin and the effects it had on our lives and He is now focused on righteousness...not sin. 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, Jesus became the embodiment of sin, so that we could become the embodiment of righteousness.
We are a redeemed people, a people set free to no longer live out of past hurts and mindsets, but to live in the freedom of righteousness that Jesus died to give us. And, God has given us a Helper, in the person of the Holy Spirit who works to establish righteousness as a lifestyle as He empowers us to become Christ like.
Everything is an opportunity to move up to the level we want to live on, and to become how God sees us!
· Refuse to live in negativity.
· Refuse to replay your carnality tape. The Holy Spirit is reprogramming you.
· Refuse the habits of thinking and behaving in ways that go with that old carnality tape.
· Give up feelings of anger, hurt, and bitterness, feelings of this is unfair.
· We are learning to live on a different level with new mindsets.
Why not write a statement about yourself while in the process of renewing your mind: This is who I am and this is how I will show up!
· We want to encounter and experience God in every way possible.
· We want to move into fullness because we are fed up with measure.
· We want to move into abundance and stop living out of a poverty mindset in every
area of life.
· We want to understand ourselves the way He understands us.
· We want to have the journey that He has set aside for us and become the man or the
woman that Jesus actually created us to be in Him.
It is time to be relentless in calling ourselves up to the place we are meant to occupy.